The April and May newsletter 2017 is available to download.
NOMINATIONS NEEDED BY FEBRUARY28TH FOR ELECTIONS MARCH 11
Lay Director, Deborah Farmer, announced that elections for two positions on the Secretariat- PreCursillo Chairperson and School of Leaders Representative will take place on March 11, 2017 at the Secretariat Meeting. The Secretariat has requested that each of the satellite Schools of Leaders discuss these vacancies and submit any proposed nominees for these positions to Bob Spano, email@example.com, the current School of Leaders Member, or any other member of the Secretariat by February 28th. The new Secretariat members will be encouraged to attend the May 13th Secretariat Meeting as an introduction to the proceedings. Additionally the nominee must:
- Be a member of the Leader School if it is a viable group within the Ultreya.
- Supports grouping and Ultreya.
- Have talents in the area of consideration for the vacant position.
- Consideration should be given to filling vacant positions with persons from unrepresented Ultreyas.
Although the matter may be discussed in the Ultreyas, any nomination must come from the Schools of Leaders. A complete compilation of the duties as set forth in the Bylaws is available here and upon request to the Lay Director – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cursillo de Cursillo offered in MS in May
Cursillo Movement of South Mississippi, Biloxi Diocese will be hosting a Cursillo de Cursillos (“CDC”) on May 4-7, 2017 at William Kelley Retreat Center, 510 N. Second St. Bay St. Louis, MS 39520. The CDC was designed to help Cursillistas understand the Foundational Charism of the Movement and to delve into the technical elements of the Movement in light of its Charism. The course provides you with the opportunity to discover the immense possibilities that make new friends, share and learn from one another’s personal experiences in all the phases of the Movement- Precursillo, 3-Day Cursillo Weekend, and Postcursillo. For more information contact: Larry Grant 601- 261-9962H/601-520-2852C or email@example.com; Al Gombos 228-348-0230 firstname.lastname@example.org; Buck O’Gea 228-861-3387
Cost is $150-
National Encounter 60th Anniversary!
The 2017 National Encounter will be held at Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. July 27-30. The first Cursillo was introduced in the US in Waco, TX in 1957. Mark Your Calendar to celebrate this milestone for Cursillos in Christianity!
National Ongoing $3/YR Campaign
Please keep the National Cursillo Center’s $3/YR Campaign in mind. The funds have been used to:
- Support 12 establishing movements in terms of book vouchers, free National Encounter registrations, fees, workshops.
- Provide an additional 10% book discount if sufficient funds received.
- Reduce National Encounter registration fee if sufficient funds received.
- Provide National Encounter(NE) vouchers to Lay Directors based on funds received.
Archdiocese of Mobile Cursillo Movement
2017 Important Dates:
Last amended 1/14/17
Click here to download the newsletter in its original format.